I am impressed by the openess, dismayed by the repeat visitors. Check it out, it is a bit slow, but it renders after a couple of seconds, I got to the end, interesting to say the least.
The word "shall" appears over 3400 times in this grab for control over EVERYBODY'S lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nanzi Pelosi is going to run your life if this pile of crap gets signed by GANGSTAPUPPETOTUSPOS.
Posted on October 29, 2009
-By Representative John Boehner (R-OH), Washington, Oct 29
Members of Congress and the American people are just beginning tolook at Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-CA) 1,990-page government takeover ofhealth care, but it’s already becoming clear just how costly andunsustainable this proposal is. From higher taxes on middle-classfamilies to job-killing mandates on small businesses to cuts in Medicare benefits for seniors, here are 10 facts every American should know about Speaker Pelosi’s 1,990-page government takeover of health care:
1. RAISES TAXES ON MIDDLE CLASS FAMILIES. Speaker Pelosi’shealth care bill imposes a range of tax increases on families withincome below $250,000, breaking a promise made by President Obama. Taxincreases on middle class families include: an individual mandate taxof up to 2.5 percent of income for taxpayers earning as little as$9,350; repeal of a tax break on medicine purchased with funds from anHSA (health savings account); limits to tax relief through FSAs(flexible spending accounts); taxes on medical devices that willinevitably be passed on to consumers; and a new tax on all insurancepolicies.
2. MASSIVE CUTS TO MEDICARE BENEFITS FOR SENIORS. Despitegrave warnings from CBO, FactCheck.org, and the independent Lewin Groupthat cuts to Medicare of the magnitude included in Speaker Pelosi’sbill would have a negative impact on seniors’ benefits and choices,Speaker Pelosi’s health care bill stays the course and cuts Medicare byhundreds of billions of dollars.
3. NO PROTECTIONS FOR SMALL BUSINESSES. Speaker Pelosi’s healthcare bill claims to exempt small businesses from the steep eightpercent ‘pay or play’ employer mandate. The facts tell a differentstory. Using Census data compiled by the Small BusinessAdministration, this so-called ‘exemption’ hammers small employers withonly, on average, 17 or more employees to new taxes and mandates. Theoutfits affected employ 70 percent of allsmall business employees, or 42.3 million workers. Adding to the assault on small businesses, the bill does not index the small business “exemption” amounts, meaning more and more small businesses will be ensnared by this job-killing employer mandate each year.
4. INCREASES THE COST OF HEALTH INSURANCE. Imposing a new $2 billion tax on insurance policies will be passed on to patients in the form of higher premiums. Changes to the Medicare Part D prescription drug benefit will, according to estimates by CBO, will raise Medicare Part Bpremiums by $25 billion and Part D premiums by 20 percent. And imposingan unfunded mandate on the states to pay for the bill’s Medicaidexpansion will shift the burden of this expansion on state taxpayerswho may experience tax increases to cover the cost.
5. USES GIMMICKS TO HIDE BUDGET-BUSTING COST, PILES UP DEBT ON FUTURE GENERATIONS.Speaker Pelosi’s health care bill claims to be deficit neutral, butuses budget gimmickry to hide its massive total cost. Working familiesacross America know they cannot simply decide that a bill they get inthe mail doesn’t exist, butthat’s exactly what congressional Democrats are doing. In order to meetthe President’s ‘target’ spending total of $900 billion, Democrats havesimply swept costly provisions under the rug, including the $245billion ‘doc fix.’
6. IMPOSES JOB-KILLING EMPLOYER MANDATES. Additional taxes onemployers and new government mandates that dictate acceptable insurancewill place new and crushing burdens on employers. These are burdensthat will ultimately fall squarely on the backs of workers in the formof reduced wages, fewer hours or lost employment. CBO agrees that“[e]mployees largely bear the cost of… play-or-pay fees in the form oflower wages.” According to the National Federation of IndependentBusiness (NFIB), the nation’s largestsmall business association, anemployer mandate of this magnitude will disproportionately impact smallbusinesses, triggering up to 1.6 million lost jobs. Two-thirds of thosejobs would be shed by small businesses.
7. TILTS THE PLAYING FIELD IN FAVOR OF THE GOVERNMENT-RUN INSURANCE COMPANY.Speaker Pelosi’s health care bill promises not to give thegovernment-run plan advantages over private insurers in the market, butthe opposite is true. The bill provides billions in start-upfunding for the government-run plan, and while it requires the plan torepay the money over time it does not require the plan to pay intereston this “loan.” This interest-free, taxpayer-subsidized loan ispotentially worth millions of dollars and tilts the playing field infavor of the government-run plan.
8. THREATENS CASH-STRAPPED STATES WITH UNFUNDED MANDATES.Speaker Pelosi’s health care bill swells the number of Americans on thegovernment rolls by expanding Medicaid eligibility. Medicaid isfinanced through a federal-state partnership, but the bill dumps nearlyten percent of the mandated expansion included in the bill onto thestates. States, already struggling with fiscal constraints, would beleft on the hook for billions of dollars due to this unfunded mandate.
9. CREATES A NEW MONSTROSITY IN THE TAX CODE. Starting in2011, Speaker Pelosi’s health care bill imposes a 5.4 percent tax onadjusted gross income above $500,000 for individuals and $1 million formarried couples. Yet, the dollar amounts for which the tax kicks in arenot indexed for inflation. We’ve seen this horror film before: theAlternative Minimum Tax, another Frankenstein’s monster of the taxcode, also wasn’t indexed for inflation and now affects millions ofmiddle class families with incomes below the Democrat’s surtax.
10. MISSES AN OPPORTUNITY TO CURTAIL JUNK LAWSUITS. SpeakerPelosi’s health care bill misses a critical opportunity to rein in junklawsuits and costly defensive medicine. The bill includes only avoluntary grant program to deal with the medical liability crisisinstead of including real reform, which would produce tens of billionsof dollars in savings, improve efficiency in our health care system and reduce costs for patients and providers.
BONUS: Republicans have offered better solutions to lower healthcare costs and expand access to quality, affordable coverage at a priceour nation can afford. Learn more by visiting healthcare.gop.gov.
Here it is a nice leisurely read, enjoy. Notice there is no HR #
Unfortunately, I don't have to check this out because all of us have heard or read about it. Just remember that those bloated SOBs in congress take very good care of themselves and crow about all the good they are doing for the 'people', and that's from both sides of the House and Senate. Use your power to vote them out. For your friends who voted for the 'messiah', Idon't think that this is the "Hope & Change" they thought it was going to be.
For the first time in history, Congress will not allow an increase in the social security COLA (cost of living adjustment). In fact, The Henry J.Kaiser Family Foundation predicts there may not be any social security COLA for the next three years.
However, the per person monthly Medicare Insurance premium for some people will be increased from the 2009 premium of $96.40 to $104.20 in 2010and to $120.20 for the year 2011.
Send this to all the seniors that you know and remind them not to vote for the incumbent senators and congressmen in the 2010 and the 2012 Elections.
And don't forget - CONGRESS GAVE THEMSELVES A PAY RAISE IN THIS YEAR OF LITTLE TO NO INFLATION... WHAT KIND OF CRAP IS THAT?? They take good care of themselves - screw the people!
Part B Premiums in 2010: Frozen for Many, Higher for Some
No Social Security cost-of-living increase next year means higher costs for some beneficiaries and states
Forthe first time in 35 years, older Americans will receive nocost-of-living increases (COLA) in their Social Security checks in 2010 according to Congressional Budget Office estimates.The forecast is based on expected low inflation, in contrast to 2009when the COLA added 5.8 percent to Social Security benefits.
Next year's zero COLA is bad news enough for many retirees living on fixed incomes during a recession. But millions of them also face much higher Medicare Part B premiums next year.
Under an obscure"hold-harmless" provision of federal law, basic Part B premiums in any year cannot rise higher than that year's COLA. So a zero COLA means that the basic premium (currently $96.40 a month) must stay the same."The intent of the policy is to protect the amount of the Social Security payment from being reduced by an increase in premium costs,"says Peter Ashkenaz, spokesman for the Centers for Medicare &Medicaid Services (CMS).
The hold-harmless policy gives this protection to the majority of people enrolled in Medicare Part B who also receive Social Security, Railroad Retirement or Civil Serviceretiree benefits.
But it does not apply to one in four (or about 11 million) beneficiaries who:
do not have their Part B premiums withheld from their Social Security checks, or
pay a higher Part B premium based on higher income, or
are newly enrolled in Part B.
Premium amounts are normally set so that beneficiaries actually pay for only about 25 percent of the costs of Part B benefits, which cover doctors'visits and other outpatient services. The remainder is paid out of federal funds. Next year, if the premium is frozen for most beneficiaries but costs rise, the shortfall in revenue for that 25 percent falls on the wallets of the one in four beneficiaries not protected by the hold-harmless provision.
"In the absence of aSocial Security COLA, unless Part B premiums are increased substantially on those who are not held harmless, the Supplemental Medical Insurance trust fund, which finances Part B, is at risk of exhaustion," according to an analysis by the Congressional Research Service.
For these beneficiaries, the basic Part B premium couldrise to $119 a month in 2010, according to Congressional Budget Office projections. And if zero Social Security COLAs continue in later years,as CBO expects, it could rise to $128 by 2012. For people with incomes over $85,000 a year who already pay higher premiums—surcharges of between $38.50 and $211.90 a month in 2009—these amounts would be far more.
The result would be two levels of charges even for basic Part B premiums—the lower amount paid by three-fourths of enrollees,and the higher amount borne by the remaining fourth.
"Congress never anticipated a year when there would not be a Social Security COLA," says John Rother, AARP's director of policy. "This new situationraises issues of fairness unless Congress makes some changes before theend of the year."
"To address this problem, one action theCongress might consider is to grant a flat Social Security COLAincrease each year, during times of low inflation, to offset the impactof rising Medicare costs," Rother adds, "This would avoid the fullburden of cost increases falling on a minority of beneficiaries and help keep Part B solvent in the long run."
About 7.5 million Medicare beneficiaries who don't have their Part B premiums deducted from their Social Security checks are those whose premiums are paid for by their state Medicaid program. These low-income people are not affected—they still won't pay the premiums themselves. But the states would have to pick up the tab for the higher premiums. This could affect the number of people covered by Medicaid if state governments,already strapped by falling revenue, cut back on services, consumer advocates say.
Everybody else who pays Part B premiums directly to Medicare by check will be affected by the higher amounts. These include people who, though enrolled in Medicare, have deferred collecting their Social Security benefits.
Also affected are many people newly enrolled in Part B who therefore did not have premiums deducted from their retirement checks the previous year. The hold-harmless calculation is made in November each year, CMS says. So anyone joining Part B in 2010 would have to pay the higher Part B premiums until November 2010 when they would become eligible for hold-harmless protection.
The hold-harmless provision applies only to Part B premiums and not to premiums for Part D drug coverage,which are also often withheld from enrollees' Social Security checks."If Part D premiums rise in 2010, the result would be that beneficiaries with Medicare drug coverage will still receive less moneyin their Social Security checks even if their Part B premiums don't increase," says Rother.
A US Marine calls like it is, before Barack Obama. What is different now?
THE AXIS OF IDIOTS
by J. D. Pendry
Jimmy Carter, you are the father of the Islamic Nazi movement. You threw the Shah under the bus, welcomed the Ayatollah home, and then lacked the spine to confront the terrorists when they took our embassy and our people hostage. You're the runner-in-chief.
Bill Clinton, you played ring around the Lewinsky while the terrorists were at war withus. You got us into a fight with them in Somalia and then you ran from it. Your weak-willed responses to the U.S.S. Cole and the First TradeCenter Bombing and Our Embassy Bombings emboldened the killers. Each time you failed to respond adequately, they grew bolder, until 9/11/2001.
John Kerry, dishonesty is your most prominent attribute. You lied about American Soldiers in Vietnam . Your military service, like your life, is more fiction than fact. You've accused our military of terrorizing women and children in Iraq . You called Iraq the wrong war, wrong place, wrong time, the same words you used to describe Vietnam . You're a fake. You want to run from Iraq and abandon the Iraqis to murderers just as you did to the Vietnamese. Iraq, like Vietnam, is another war that you were for, before you were against it.
John Murtha, you said our military was broken. You said we can't win militarily in Iraq . You accused United States Marines of cold-blooded murder without proof and said we should redeploy to Okinawa . Okinawa John? And the Democrats call you their military expert! Are you sure you didn't suffer a traumatic brain injury while you were off building your war hero resume? You're a sad, pitiable, corrupt and washed up politician. You're not a Marine, sir. .... You're a phony and a disgrace. Run away, John.
Dick Durbin, you accused our Soldiers at Guantanamo of being Nazis, tenders of Soviet style gulags and as bad as the regime of Pol Pot , who murdered two million of his own people after your party abandoned Southeast Asia to the Communists. Now youwant to abandon the Iraqis to the same fate. History was not a good teacher for you, was it? Lord help us! See Dick run.
Ted Kennedy, for days on end you held poster-sized pictures from Abu Ghraibin front of any available television camera. Al Jazeera quoted you saying that Iraqi's torture chambers were open under new management.Did you see the news, Teddy? The Islamic Nazis demonstrated another beheading for you. If you truly supported our troops, you'd show the world poster-sized pictures of that atrocity and demand the annihilation of it. Your legislation stripping support from the SouthVietnamese led to a communist victory there. You're a .... fool bent onrepeating the same historical blunder that turned freedom-seeking people over to homicidal, genocidal maniacs. To paraphrase John Murtha,all while sitting on your .....rear-end in Washington .
Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Carl Levine, Barbara Boxer, Diane Feinstein, RussFeingold, Hillary Clinton, Pat Leahy, Barack Obama, Chuck Schumer, the Hollywood Leftist morons, et al, ad nauseam: Every time you stand in front of television cameras and broadcast to the Islamic Nazis that we went to war because our President lied, that the war is wrong and our Soldiers are torturers, that we should leave Iraq, you give the Islamic butchers - the same ones that tortured and mutilated American Soldiers- cause to think that we'll run away again, and all they have to do is hang on a little longer. It is inevitable that we, the infidels, will have to defeat the Islamic jihadists. Better to do it now on their turf, than later on ours after they have gained both strength and momentum.
American news media, the New York Times particularly:Each time you publish stories about national defense secrets and our intelligence gathering methods, you become one united with thesub-human(s).... that torture and mutilate the bodies of AmericanSoldiers. You can't strike up the courage to publish cartoons, but you can help Al Qaeda destroy my country. Actually, you are more dangerous to us than Al Qaeda is. Think about that each time you face Mecca to admire your Pulitzer.
You are America 's 'AXIS OF IDIOTS.' Your Collective Stupidity will destroy us. Self-serving politics and terrorist-abetting news scoops are more important to you than our national security or the lives of innocent civilians and Soldiers. It bothers you that defending ourselves gets in the way of your elitist sport of politics and your ignorant editorializing. There is as much blood on your hands as is on the hands of murdering terrorists. Don' tever doubt that. Your frolics will only serve to extend this war as they extended Vietnam . If you want our Soldiers home as you claim,.... try supporting your country ahead of supporting your silly political aims and aiding our enemies.
Yes, I'm questioning your patriotism. Your loyalty ends with self. I'm also questioning why you're stealing air that decent Americans could be breathing. You don't deserve the protection of our men and women in uniform. You need to run away from this war, this country. Leave the war to the people who havethe will to see it through and the country to people who are willing to defend it.
No, Mr. President, you don't get off the hook,either. Our country has two enemies:Those who want to destroy us from the outside and those who attempt it from within. Your Soldiers are dealing with the outside force. It's your obligation to support them by confronting the AXIS OF IDIOTS.
America must hear it from you that these self-centered people are harming our country, abetting the enemy and endangering our safety. Well up a little anger, please, and channel it toward the appropriate target. You must prosecute those who leak national security secrets to the media. You must prosecute those in the media who knowingly publish those secrets.
Our Soldiers need you to confront the enemy that they cannot. They need you to do it now.
J. D. Pendry - Sergeant Major, USMC, Retired
In a nutshell.Good, bad, or wrong? WDYT?
I told ya. This GANGSTAPUPPETOTUSPOS goes to Copenhagen to push for the olympics in Chicago? WITF? If Bush had done something like this for Dallas or Houston.......... This is beyond belief, we don't have a POTUS we have the mayor of Chicago going to get payback for his gang back in the windy city. This act is beneath the office of the POTUS, Jimmy Carter is starting to look better every day. There are kids killing each other in Chicago with 6X6's he should go there and do something about that if anything.
Michele is saying they are making a sacrifice to go to Copenhagen, gimme a break. The cost of their mini vacation is on the order of millions! at our expense and sacrifice. They are shameless. I call for impeachment proceedings for misappropriation of taxpayer monies immediately.
November 2015 October 2015 September 2015 August 2015 July 2015 June 2015 May 2015 April 2015 March 2015 February 2015 January 2015 December 2014 November 2014 October 2014 September 2014 August 2014 July 2014 June 2014 May 2014 April 2014 March 2014 February 2014 January 2014 December 2013 November 2013 October 2013 September 2013 August 2013 July 2013 June 2013 May 2013 April 2013 March 2013 February 2013 January 2013 December 2012 November 2012 October 2012 September 2012 August 2012 July 2012 June 2012 May 2012 April 2012 March 2012 February 2012 January 2012 December 2011 November 2011 October 2011 September 2011 August 2011 July 2011 June 2011 May 2011 April 2011 March 2011 February 2011 January 2011 November 2010 October 2010 September 2010 August 2010 July 2010 June 2010 May 2010 April 2010 March 2010 February 2010 January 2010 December 2009 November 2009 October 2009 September 2009 August 2009 July 2009 June 2009 May 2009 April 2009 March 2009 February 2009 January 2009 December 2008 November 2008 October 2008 September 2008 August 2008 July 2008 June 2008 April 2008 March 2008 February 2008 January 2008 December 2007 November 2007 September 2007 August 2007 July 2007 June 2007 May 2007 April 2007